Install KeePassXC Password Manager on Ubuntu Linux Systems. KeePassXC is a powerful password manager for Ubuntu and KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, the cross-platform port of KeePass for Windows.
Every feature works cross-platform and was thoroughly tested on multiple systems to provide users with the same look and feel on every supported operating system. This includes the beloved Auto-Type feature.
The complete database is always encrypted with the industry-standard AES (alias Rijndael) encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. KeePassXC uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. Your wallet works offline and requires no Internet connection.
- Secure storage of passwords and other private data with AES, Twofish or ChaCha20 encryption
- Cross-platform, runs on Linux, Windows and macOS without modifications
- File format compatibility with KeePass2, KeePassX, MacPass, KeeWeb and many others (KDBX 3.1 and 4.0)
- SSH Agent integration
- Auto-Type on all supported platforms for automagically filling in login forms
- Key file and YubiKey challenge-response support for additional security
- TOTP generation (including Steam Guard)
- CSV import from other password managers (e.g., LastPass)
- Command line interface
- Stand-alone password and passphrase generator
- Password strength meter
- Custom icons for database entries and download of website favicons
- Database merge functionality
- Automatic reload when the database was changed externally
- Browser integration with KeePassXC-Browser for Google Chrome, Chromium, Vivaldi, and Mozilla Firefox.
- (Legacy) KeePassHTTP support for use with KeePassHTTP-Connector available for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and passafari for Safari.
KeePassXC Password Manager Ubuntu
- Run the following commands to install KeePassXC Password Manager on Ubuntu Systems:
sudo apt-get update
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phoerious/keepassxc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install keepassxc
Once installed, open KeePassXC Password Manager from Ubuntu Dash.